Instituto de Ciencias Medicas culminates the year 2022 with 22 scientific publications in international indexed journals. Among some of the publications are studies such as:
- Molecular genetic epidemiology of an emerging antimicrobial-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae clone (ST307) obtained from clinical isolates in Central Panama.
- Chronic Kidney Disease of nontraditional causes in central Panama.
- Overcoming obstacles in Panama to starting a renal biopsy program in a rural area during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Diagnostic evaluation and assessment of anemia in a patient with chronic kidney disease and gastrointestinal angioectasias undergoing hemodialysis.
- Genetic diversity and new sequence types of Escherichia coli coharboring β-lactamase and PMQR genes isolated from domestic dogs in central Panama.
These works have been published in high-impact journals such as Antibiotics, Genes, Journal of Nephrology, BMC Nephrology, Clinical Case Reports, Molecular Neurobiology, The Lancet, and Nature communication, among others.
We invite you to know all the publications in the following download link:
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR RESEARCHERS!